Sunday, October 29, 2017

ABA Liga, round 4: Cibona - KK Partizan 74:90

Cibona: check. We happy, Vincent?
Get the fuck out.

Was it a shitty game? It was.
Have we been lame ducks again? We have been.
Have Cibona been a team of even lamer ducks? Absolutely.
Have there been again 600 million missed-out baskets? Possibly even more.
Am I a masochist? Beyond question.

Oh, wait, almost forgot. This newly signed Jamaican, Samuels debuted tonight. I swear I didn’t notice him being on the court until the commentator mentioned his name. The Leader Of The Gang said, he looks and moves like a bear. Perhaps that’s why I didn’t notice him, he was as sluggish as all the others.

The standing was 12:10 in the first quarter after 7 and a half minutes. Compared to the fact that this game was announced as the derby of the two top guns of ex-YU basketball, this result was depressing. The home team had turnover 6 times. We equalized for the end of the quarter, the second one was about Cibona sinking slowly. I seriously don’t know when was the last time I saw this many rebounds. It was seriously very saddening and depressive to watch. Additionally I did something I’ve never done yet: I muted the volume of the broadcast, because the commentators of ArenaSport got on my nerves. We were leading, but I almost fell asleep. Shitty game with a shitty and an even shittier team. Veličković had some tantrum before half-time

Veličković. Oh my fucking God, Veličković. Lately his only function seems to be as the 5th player to make a whole team when nobody else is around. He plays like a pensioner. Slow, sluggish, as if he would hate it all. No wonder he has been barely on court lately. He scored no points on this game. None.

The half-time result was 33:43, but I couldn’t mention a single player to have an extraordinary performance. All of them played dull. The third quarter was about Partizan or rather about how Cibona was struggling and suffering along the court, while we did whatever we wanted, or rather what our abilities made possible.If I remember well, we gained a 20-point-advantage, but I’m not sure. The last quarter was a comedy, a basketball-parody, the crappy version. We scored the first basket of the quarter after more than 5 minutes. Until that we did nothing. Though it tells all about Cibona that during these more than 5 minutes they could reduce the 51:67 difference only to 59:67. Knowing this there’s no surprise in the end result.

Cibona: Bilinovac, Uljarević, Young (20), Žorić (20), Ćorić, Melvin III (9), Novačič, Bošnjak (8), Rozić (12), Gospić (3), Tomas (2), Bušma

Partizan: Williams-Goss (20), Tadić, Marinković (19), Veličković, Tomić, Pecarski, Gavrilović (6), Andrić (14), Samuels (16), Čakarević (6), Stevanović (3), Šalić (6)

No comments:

Post a Comment