Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Eurocup, round 3: Bilbao - KK Partizan 92:96

Whoa. We won.
It kinda happens sometimes. We happy, Vincent?

I’ll be honest. The only reason I watched this so-called basketball game was that I found no link for the game of Ádám Hanga & Co. Barcelona too played last night, against Žalgiris, but all sports channels available for me would rather die instead of broadcasting Euroleague. Nevertheless out of caution I switched on TV broadcasting DFB-Pokal (German Cup). It was Magdeburg - Borussia Dortmund, with breathtaking coreography of the home fans. One needs quality football/sports broadcast time as well.

The link I found was on the verge of death for the entire first quarter, though I don’t think I missed out too much. Bilbao was leading to 26:21 for the end of the first part and it seemed so (even later on) that we can put another defeat to the “incoming” side. The second quarter was a nip-and-tuck game sometimes we briefly took the lead, but at this point it was quickly gone. The quality of the game was between shit and full total boredom, both teams were as awkward as possible. Too many fouls, fragmented game. That was until half-time (49:39), and even afterwards. If I say there was absolutely no score in the third quarter for two massive minutes (the clock on the screen showed 7:56, when Veličković finally pushed the ball into the ring after a long row of fumbling), then believe me I was as diplomatic as I could be. Then Bilbao’s advantage slowly melted and the truth is that the Basques can thank it only to themselves. They screwed it up, they made a 5-point-disadvantage out of a 10-point-advantage for the last quarter (68:73).
A végét nem néztem, ennyire azért nem vagyok mazochista, mint ahogy annyira sem, hogy Miroslav Nikolić vezetőedzőt most hirtelen elkezdjem éltetni. (Azt bírom, hogy most pont azok éltetik a leghangosabban, akik eddig a legdurvábban szidták… Döntsétek már el, hogy mit akartok, basszátok meg.) Néha a győzelem is előfordul, majd akkor talán hajlandó leszek megállni és elgondolkodni egy pillanatra, ha egymás után nyerjük a meccseket látványos, tetszetős játékkal. Addig meg marad a Barcelona meg a Fenerbahce.
I didn't watch the end, I’m not such a masochist. Nor am I one of those who suddenly started to hail head coach Miroslav Nikolić. (I find that especially amazing that those hail him now the loudest who spitted on him the heaviest. Fucking decide what you want…) Sometimes victories just happen. I might give it all a deeper thought when victories come in a row with spectacular playing style and self-confidence. Until then Barcelona and Fenerbahce.

Finally Barcelona got defeated from Lithuanians, yet Hanga scored the most, 19 points, to be precise. (Just for the sake of facts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment